Looking for a side hustle? Need some extra cash fast? There are lots of ways you can make another $50, $100, or even more per week. Some of these can become full time gigs and some will most likely always be side work, but no matter what, you can improve your income almost immediately with all of these ideas.
1. Sell stuff. Most of us have extra stuff. Whether it’s books, clothes, collectibles, an old car sitting in the driveway, lawn equipment, or what have you. Polish up your old leaf blower or wash some of those trendy clothes and post them in your local Facebook sale group or on Craigslist.
2. Sell a lot of stuff. Do you have a line on a product or items that could do well on eBay or Amazon.com? Many people find things on clearance at their local store or buy items in bulk from a site like Alibaba.com and then sell those items through eBay or Amazon’s Seller Marketplace. You can make an amazing amount of money doing this. Some people have claimed to make upwards of $10,000 a month.3. Ask for a raise. If you like your current job, you are doing well at it, and it’s been a while since you’ve received a raise, ask. As long as you do so respectfully and don’t threaten to leave, you could probably prove your case.4. Run errands. Have a car and don’t mind doing errands? You could help out folks who might be too busy to run errands, or maybe can’t due to limited transportation or health issues. Companies like TaskRabbit.com give you a way to help out locals and earn extra money through their apps.
5. Drive for Uber or Lyft. Find out if Uber or Lyft runs in your area. If they do, apply and see if you can start making money by giving people a ride around your town.6. Fiverr.com is a great way to offer services or skills you might have. Can you draw well? You might be able to draw a logo for someone fast or write a quick article. $5 might not seem like a lot at first, but it can build up and as you build your fiverr.com portfolio, you can charge more for your services.7. Customer service jobs. There are a lot of companies that will pay you to do their customer service from home. All you need is a computer, internet and a phone. Websites like Flexjobs.com list different jobs that are available, usually remotely. Companies like Hilton offer work from home opportunities right from their website.
8. Be a virtual assistant. Virtual assistants can make decent money working online and doing tasks a lot of business owners don’t want to do. For example, a company might need supplies and you could order them, or set appointments, or send out emails, all from the comfort of your home.
9. Pet sitting. Do you like pets? Lots of times people will go on vacation and don’t want to leave their pets in a kennel. You can offer to watch pets in your home or theirs. Other services can include walking or exercise services.10. Freelance writing. Have a knack for writing? Writing can pay decently if you know where to look. Some websites offer copywriting services to companies and hire freelance writers to write the copy. You can also write books and articles on topics you know and love and sell them yourself or have them published in magazines or blogs. If you have time to work on a business, you could start your own blog. Blogs frequently take time, though, to reap monetary rewards, so don’t expect an immediate payout from blogging.11. Rent out your car. Have a car you don’t need? Rent it out for the day to a tourist or someone who just needs a car. Rental companies can be difficult to deal with sometimes and being able to rent from a private person can be alluring to some.
12. Babysit. Like kids? Parents are always in need of good, responsible babysitters. Post an ad. If you like the work, take some classes and get a first aid certification to put parents at ease.
13. Be in a focus group. Go to FocusGroup.com and learn how to participate in focus groups for products and make extra cash at the same time.
14. Be a tutor. You can do this online through websites like Chegg.com or you can do it locally. Have a knack for Algebra or Chemistry? Plenty of high school or even college students might love to have you to ask questions to.
15. Sell photos to stock photo websites. Every time someone downloads your photo, you get paid. Check out stock photo sites like Shutterstock or iStock to learn the best way to get started.
16. Rent out your house or your yard. Plenty of people will pay through AirBnB or other sites to rent a room, your house, or even camp in your yard.
17. Rent out your RV. Have an RV or trailer you rarely use? Rent it out. Post an ad locally. Many folks would like to rent an RV instead of buying one.
18. Review websites. A site like Usertesting.com can put you to work testing to make sure different websites work. Start surfing!
19. Sell your hair. Yes, you can. Wigmakers and others will pay for hair. Check out BuyandSellYourHair.com to find out if you have enough to sell!
20. Cash back apps. Look online for cash back apps and apps that will refund you money for buying certain items. A site like Swagbucks.com will pay you in gift cards to watch their videos or try their offers. You can also take surveys or do other “tasks” to earn points towards gift cards. It can take a while, but it’s a good way to earn spending money if you have the time.